Reduce, reuse, decorate! Discover eco-friendly furniture & accents for a stylish green home
Sustainability and eco-conscious living are more than mere trends. They have become vital principles shaping our lifestyle decisions. As we strive to minimize our carbon footprint and coexist harmoniously with the environment, home décor is one aspect frequently underestimated. This article highlights eco-friendly home décor choices for a more environmentally conscious home.
1. Bamboo Dividers
- These versatile dividers are eco-friendly and contribute to a tranquil atmosphere in your room. From floor to ceiling, bamboo dividers provide the privacy you desire without compromising the aesthetics of your home. Enhance the visual appeal of these bamboo poles by adding LED lights, creating a warm and inviting glow throughout your living space.
Bamboo partitions provide a minimalistic yet impactful way to beautify any living area by offering simplicity, elegance, and sustainability. Moreover, these dividers blend seamlessly with their surroundings and decor.
2. Cork Wallpaper
- Natural cork wallpaper is an excellent option for eco-conscious homeowners. Cork wallpapers are made from the bark of cork oak. This sustainable material is ideal for those prioritizing green living. Cork wallpaper elevates the aesthetic of a space with natural warmth and a touch of the outdoors.
Consider pairing it with a jute rug, puffs, and rope lighting. In addition to its visual appeal, cork has antibacterial properties, acting as a natural repellant for mold and fungus, even in the monsoon season. Furthermore, it is easy to maintain and is resistant to water and household chemicals.
3. Wooden False Ceiling
- A wooden false ceiling introduces a touch of eco-friendliness and tradition to your modern living space. It adds a rustic charm to your surroundings. In addition, a wooden false ceiling serves as an exceptional heat insulator, contributing to a cooler room for an extended duration. This, in turn, results in savings on your air conditioning bills.
For those mindful of environmental impact, opting for non-hardwood variants helps reduce your ecological footprint significantly. In addition to its sustainability, a wooden false ceiling offers durability, allowing you to add lights, chandeliers, or pendant fixtures.
4. Add Plants
- Elevate your interiors with natural decor accents by incorporating a variety of indoor plants. House plants are charming and also present a budget-friendly approach to eco-conscious decorating. They breathe life into your living spaces, filling your home with fresh energy and uplifting vibes.
Most indoor plants demand minimal upkeep and effortlessly complement your home decor. Consider introducing vines and indoor climber plants in a spacious living room for a touch of natural luxury.
5. Concrete Flooring
- Architects and designers are increasingly turning to concrete flooring for eco-conscious residential designs. It is composed of cement and water and stands out as an environmentally friendly option that aids in maintaining a cool room temperature and reducing electricity bills. In addition to its cooling properties, concrete proves to be a durable material, capable of lasting a lifetime with minimal maintenance.
Its recyclability ensures it doesn’t end up directly in landfills, making it a perfectly sustainable choice for eco-friendly interiors. Concrete flooring is also a more budget-friendly alternative compared to natural stones.
Work With a Professional Interior Designer
- Opting for the services of a professional interior designer is a surefire strategy for creating an environmentally friendly home. These professionals deeply understand eco-friendly design practices and stay up-to-date with the latest sustainable approaches. They help you select furniture, fixtures, and appliances with minimal environmental impact.
To get on board with the latest interior design trends, consult House and Harmony. We offer interior design services in San Diego and Carlsbad, California. Fifteen years of industry experience and hundreds of happy clients are proof of our excellent interior home design services. We offer turnkey solutions and take care of all components of an interior home design project. For more information, call us at (858) 432-6800 or visit our website.