Where style meets comfort – The top 4 interior design trends of 2023
Change is the only constant. This is true for interior design and decor as well. We see new trends gain popularity each year while old trends become obsolete. Interior design trends keep changing to make living more comfortable and to accommodate utility, aesthetics, and technological advances. This constant influx keeps things exciting and brings a fresher perspective on how to best decorate our home according to changing times and needs.
This year, organic, sustainable, and natural decor has dominated the world of interior design . Bright and bold colors made a comeback as well. Let us look at the 4 favorite interior design trends of 2023.
Vivid Wallpapers Are In
- This year, interior designers did not shy away from experimenting with bold and vivid wallpapers. Wallpapers with eccentric patterns, artistic images, landscape imagery, geometric shapes, and abstract patterns decorated different parts of the home or even an office. Initially, vivid wallpapers were used to make a bold statement, but this trend quickly caught on and became mainstream.
Warm Colors Replaced Cool Hues
- Color is one of the most important aspects of interior design. Colors have a strong visual impact. They set the mood of the home and evoke emotions from people. Last year, cooler colors such as purple, blue, and grey were preferred for home decoration. However, this year, brighter colors such as red, tangerine, orange, brown, and beige have dominated the world of interior decor.
Bright-colored walls, furniture, and accessories give the space a lively vibe. Decorating our space with vibrant colors is a trend we can all get on board with.
Nature-inspired and Eco-friendly Indoor Decor
- Nature-inspired indoor decor has been on the rise. Every element of nature presents a calming and soothing effect, so people want to replicate it indoors as well. In 2023, natural wood dominated various elements of indoor decor. It was used to manufacture countertops, cabinets, accent decor, etc. Likewise, various stones such as marble, pebble, and granite were also used for interior decor.
Nowadays, there is a greater emphasis on the use of natural light for illuminating indoor space . Natural light improves physical and mental well-being and prevents excess electricity use. Large bare windows and reflective surfaces are used for interior decor to amplify the use of natural sunlight.
- With growing environmental awareness, consumers want to adopt an eco-friendly and sustainable approach to interior design. Hence, the use of recycled and handcrafted goods for interior decor is on the rise. Organic surfaces and green materials are in high demand for the manufacture of various interior decor elements.
Using Single Space For Multiple Functions
- Traditional homes have specific areas used for a single, designated purpose. For example, study, sitting, dining areas, etc., serve specific functions. However, nowadays, individuals are embracing multifunctional spaces, i.e., a single area can be used for multiple purposes. For example, a sitting area can also serve as a study room, and dining can be carried out in the kitchen.
Multifunctional spaces allow the maximum and efficient use of space. Multifunctional spaces are especially beneficial for smaller homes and apartments. Multifunctional living can be made possible using foldable furniture, convertible sofas, underbed storage, small rollable shrugs, etc. More people are opting for furniture with wheels that can be moved around easily.
- To get on board with the latest interior design trends, consult House and Harmony. We offer full-service interior design services in San Diego and Carlsbad, California. Fifteen years of industry experience and hundreds of happy clients are proof of our excellent interior home design services. We offer turnkey solutions and care for all interior home design project components. For more information, call us at (858) 432-6800 or visit our website.