Breaking stereotypes – Debunking common myths about the importance of interior design!
US EPA estimates that the average American spends 87-90% of their time indoors. Hence, it is safe to say that the indoor environment has a significant impact on the mental and physical well-being of its occupants. A serene, tidy, and aesthetically pleasing ambiance instills positive feelings and enhances the quality of life. Interior design has the power to transform your home into a welcoming and pleasant living space that is both functional and beautiful.
The interior design market in the USA is growing at an astounding rate of 3.3% annually. The residential segment contributes to 60% of the market’s revenue. With rising awareness and a desire to beautify their living space, more and more homeowners are jumping on the bandwagon and hiring professional interior designers.
Investing in quality interior design is a worthwhile investment. How? Let us explain the lasting benefits of incorporating interior design for your home.
Fosters Positive Energy
- Our mood, behavior, and energy are impacted by the ambiance we live in. Most people visualize home as a safe space free of any stressors. An organized, well-decorated, optimally lit, properly ventilated, and sweet-scented home helps people unwind and relax after a hectic day. With the right color scheme and systematic placement of furniture and accessories, you can even transform shabby places into nurturing homes.
Hence, a well-maintained home fosters positive energy and revitalizes its occupants. It is imperative to the mental well-being of individuals.
Adds To The Market Value of The Home
- From a financial standpoint, putting thought and money into the design and layout of your home is a good investment. It adds to the market value of your home. Functionality, logical design, flow, and style are the core principles of interior design. Adding these elements makes your home a very attractive commodity for potential buyers.
A meticulously-designed home with a well-thought-out layout requires less corrective work. It ensures convenience for the new tenants, which increases its market value.
Maximizes the Creative Use of The Space
- Maximizing the utility of your living space is one of the core objectives of interior design. Certain elements such as the use of natural light, optimal illumination, correct use of paint colors, careful arrangement of accessories, connected rooms for an easy flow, and smart storage can help you make the most out of the available area.
An interior designer will choose the correct lighting and color palette to make your home appear spacious. Additionally, multipurpose furniture reduces clutter and gives the home a neat and organized look.
A Form of Self-Expression
- Home is where you are your most authentic and original self. Interior decor is an excellent medium to express yourself through art, colors, layout, style, and flair. Your home decor is an expression of your aesthetic sense and your choice.
Decorating your home with your favorite art, accessories, plants, and colors can provide a cathartic release for most people. It also helps you feel more in control, gives a comfortable and luxurious living experience, and inspires positive energy.
Guarantees Safety and Protection From Hazards
- Most people associate interior design with aesthetics only. However, it is more than that. While designing your home, interior designers are mindful of potential hazards and safety precautions to counter them. Examples include proper concealment of electrical wires, strategically placing sharp items, keeping flammables away from the kitchen, fitting breakable accessories away from high-traffic areas, etc.
Haphazard, cluttered, or dysfunctional spaces carry multiple risks. They are particularly unsafe for children, elders, and animals. Meticulous planning and design guarantee safety and protection from all hazards.
- To get on board with the latest interior design trends, consult House and Harmony. We offer full-service interior design services in San Diego and Carlsbad, California. Fifteen years of industry experience and hundreds of happy clients are proof of our excellent interior home design services. We offer turnkey solutions and take care of all components of an interior home design project. For more information, call us at (858) 432-6800 or visit our website.